6 Ways to Overcome Not Feeling “Good Enough”
I would say that one of the most common limiting beliefs that people hold, is the belief that they’re not good enough. Pretty much everyone I’ve Coached has felt this way about themselves with regards to something in their lives to some degree or other. It’s also a belief that used to be a real problem for me in many areas of my life.
What about you? Is this belief a problem for you too?
In today’s blog I’ll offer 6 ways that you can start changing this so that you can work on feeling good about yourself.
Here’s the video on my YouTube Channel if you prefer to watch that instead (click here or on the image below).
No matter how successful or established people are this “not feeling good enough” limiting belief seems to be a plague of humanity.
But good enough for who? Good enough for what? I ask.
So here are 6 things to consider about this “not feeling good enough” rubbish that will help you to start thinking differently and therefore, start feeling differently.
- Make connections rather than comparisons with others. Are you comparing yourself to others when you have this feeling of not being good enough? The only person you should be comparing yourself to, if at all, is to who you were yesterday or last year. And even then, remember and remind yourself a lot and often that you’re doing your best. Comparing your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 20 is futile. As is comparing your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 1. We all have different backgrounds, upbringings, challenges, privileges that have helped or hindered our progress. Instead of comparing, do your best to praise yourself for where you are and how far you’ve come. If you’re not where you want to be in life, take action and make plans to start taking steps to be where you want to be.
- Silence your inner critic, which relates to the previous point about praising yourself. It is so important to be kind to and speak kindly to ourselves. For more on this point see my other blog or video on a simple 3 step method to help silence the inner critic! I also have a beautiful and enchanting FREE audio programme to help you quieten, minimise and silence your inner-critic, which you will find by clicking here.
- There is no such thing as perfection. It’s good to aspire to be where you want to be and have what you want to have, but not to the point where you hold yourself hostage for not being where you want to be or are making yourself miserable for not being perfect. Because NEWSFLASH… there is no such things as perfect!
- Be present in the now. Being present is about learning give your full attention to the here and now, to this moment. A great way to learn to do this is to meditate. Mindfulness meditation is a wonderful starting point. This has numerous health and well-being benefits and is great for learning to quieten the mind and calm the nervous system. Meditation is a daily practise for me and going inward and really learning to transcend the ideals and pressure we can tend to put on ourselves is very freeing. The more you do it the easier it gets and the better you feel as a result.
- Understand that the reality that you’re living is just one possible reality, one possible version of yourself. There is so much that life has to offer and so much more that you have to offer to life. Realise that the standard that you’re holding yourself to is definitely a construction of some kind, just the one that you’ve chosen to believe in this moment. There is so much possibility and potential, you just have to learn to tap into the resources within you. There’s so much more I want to tell you about that and will do soon, but do reach out if you want to explore that further.
- Take your power back. A lot of that feeling of not being good enough is tied to the way we speak to ourselves in our own minds, the records we’ve got on loop that simply don’t serve us. Yes, you may have been treated badly by people in the past, but are you going to continue to allow what happened in the past to dictate your now and your future, or are you going to take your power back and decide, “this is not how my story ends.”? Yes it takes guts to make that decision. Yes, there is going to be work to be done. Yes it is going to require you to get uncomfortable at times. But what is the alternative? To continue feeling the way you’ve been feeling and continue saying the things you’ve been saying to yourself that have contributed to you feeling like you’re not good enough and as a result not feeling good enough? Taking responsibility for wanting to feel better is where your power lies. You can’t go back and change what happened in the past, but you can change how you feel about it and how it impacts on your life.
So I’d love to know what one action you’re going to take as a result of having read this blog or watched my video to start the process of feeling good enough and worthy. Leave me a comment below and let me know.
I’d also love it if you would share this with 3 people you know that need to hear this message too.
Again, here’s the link to beautiful and enchanting FREE Mindset Mastery Audio Programme that will help you quieten, minimize and eliminate negative self-talk that plays such a big role in not feeling good enough. Be sure to download and start listening today. There’s an easy action you can take right there!
So that’s all for today. Bye for now.
Leave A Comment